This committee shall be responsible for the overall set-up, budget, and execution of the annual alumni week, development of events with other committees, as well as conducting any additional event the Board of Governors may approve.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce and execute the annual alumni week. (Name of the week TBD).
- Assist in developing additional events in collaboration with other chairs and committees.
- Manage event budgets with the IAA President and Treasurer with a focus to ensure income vs expense goals are met or surpassed. (This position does not have contracting authority which is maintained solely by the President.)
- Manage vendors when applicable.
- Source sponsorship and funding as needed for events.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Events Chair is responsible for recruiting committee members and ensuring the above duties and responsibilities are planned and implemented to support the entire organization.
Desired Skills and Competencies for the Committee Chair
- Excellent organizational and event planning skills
- Working knowledge of event planning and vendor bidding/sourcing
- Working knowledge of event budgeting
- Excellent personal engagement skills across cultures and generations
- Able to manage a multicultural team and motivate a team which works remotely
- Self-motivated and positive
- Willing to work across teams and committees to accomplish tasks and meet goals
Beneficial Skills and Experience for the Committee Chair
- Strong logistics skills
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Zoom or similar online meeting technologies