People all over the world are looking for new ways to connect with one another in a virtual way. As you prepare for your gap year traveling in Up with People, it’s time to start thinking outside of the box to help you raise money. Online fundraisers allow you to be creative and innovative with your fundraising tactics. As one of the more popular ways to help you raise funds for your travel program in Up with People, here are some ideas to help get you started.
- Host a virtual concert, performance, or talent show with a link to a GoFundMe.
- Host a kid-friendly virtual story time.
- Sell crafts or personal items on online platforms such as making masks, jewelry, or artwork.
- Have a virtual bake sale where you offer to drop off baked goods to those who place orders on Facebook, Nextdoor app, or other local platforms that connect your community. Please make sure to see your state/county’s regulations regarding these types of fundraisers.
- If your birthday or graduation is coming up, share on Facebook or on digital platforms that as a gift, you would like financial help with the program cost.
- Get cooking in your kitchen and host a livestream cooking class.
- Get down with your workouts by hosting a livestream exercise or dance class.
- Big into gaming? Host a virtual livestream of you playing video games.
- Virtual game nights can be a blast and a great way to get people interactive for your online fundraiser.
- Host a virtual run. There are various apps available for people to track their runs. Have people screenshot their time and distance to see what their placements are.
- Sew and offer masks to community members which you can connect with through various apps like Facebook, Nextdoor, and many others. Again, please make sure to see your state/county’s regulations regarding these types of fundraisers.
There are tons of ways to spice up your online fundraising. What other ways have you been raising funds for your gap year traveling in Up with People? Share in the comments below!
“Where all the old stories and centuries converge
Today and tomorrow where hope will emerge
It’s in the music and words, A World Celebration.”
A World Celebration © Up with People
Disclaimer: Up with People is an international program. Due to COVID-19, please make sure to check with your state/county as well as the CDC regarding mandates and regulations. These are suggestions and should be acknowledged as such.