External Relations Committee
This committee shall be responsible for building relationships with alumni-run organizations to include finding additional alumni affiliates to partner with the UWPIAA. They will also administer the alumni awards program.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build relationships with alumni-run organizations.
- Find additional alumni affiliates to partner with the UWPIAA.
- Make connections with possible sponsors for UWPIAA programs and events.
- Network and build communication with like-minded organizations.
- Oversee and administer the alumni awards program.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The External Relations Chair is responsible for recruiting committee members and ensuring the above duties and responsibilities are planned and implemented to support the entire organization.
Desired Skills and Competencies for the Committee Chair
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent personal engagement skills across cultures and generations
- Able to manage a multicultural team and motivate a team which works remotely
- Experience with charity/not-for-profit structures and organization
- Self-motivated and positive
- Willing to work across teams and committees to accomplish tasks and meet goals
Beneficial Skills and Experience for the Committee Chair
- Experience in development/fundraising
- Strong verbal and communications skills
- Knowledge of Zoom or similar online meeting technologies
- Working knowledge of more than one language