Alumni Engagement Committee
This committee shall be responsible for recruiting and resourcing candidates for open Board of Governors (BOG) positions, as well as assisting committee chairs in finding volunteers for committees and programs. Diversity, inclusion, and equity must remain at the forefront of this committee’s actions and they should work with the Internal Development team to ensure best practices are used.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee recruiting and resourcing a diverse pool of BOG committee chair candidates.
- Assist in recruiting and sourcing a diverse pool of volunteers for the IAA committees and programs.
- Provide a slate of proposed committee chair nominees to the Internal Development Chair (who oversees the election process).
- Willing to work across teams and committees to accomplish tasks and meet goals.
- Be accessible to alumni and help them understand the volunteer opportunities.
- Ensure that all communications and role descriptions are inclusive and may be understood by alumni whose first language is not English.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Alumni Engagement Chair is responsible for recruiting committee members and ensuring the above duties and responsibilities are planned and implemented to support the entire organization.
Desired Skills and Competencies for the Committee Chair
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent personal engagement skills across cultures and generations
- Able to manage a multicultural team and motivate a team which works remotely
- Self-motivated and positive
- Willing to work across teams and committees to accomplish tasks and meet goals
Beneficial Skills and Experience for the Committee Chair
- Strong verbal and communications skills
- Knowledge of Zoom or similar online meeting technologies
- Working knowledge of more than one language
- Familiarity with alumni spanning multiple casts/crews and eras