Up with People’s first NBC TV special introduced by Bob Hope and sponsored by Coca-Cola and Reader’s Digest on August 23, 1968
Up with People also had the following TV Specials:
- In 1965, Up with People recorded the Schick TV Spectacular featuring the Sing Out ‘65 musical Up with People broadcast on nine national TV stations to an audience of 100 million in 1966.
- In 1968, Up with People filmed a TV special in the Congo.
- In 1969, the Up with People NBC television special airs. This special was sponsored by Coca-Cola and Reader’s Digest.
- Up with People presents first TV special with Televisa in Mexico in 1969.
- The Up with People CBS TV special is broadcast nationwide in the U.S.A in 1973.
- Up with People presents three more TV specials with Televisa in Mexico in 1977.
- In 1978, Up with People records a TV2 special, Stockholm, Sweden.
- In 1981 Coca Cola sponsors the Americana Trail TV special featuring Up with People.
- Up with People appears on Switzerland’s “In Concert” TV program for a TV special in Zurich.
- Up with People’s Cast performed in the Arena der Sensation TV special broadcast on New Year Year’s Eve, 1984. Millions of viewers saw the show which was shown at prime time on German, Swiss and Austrian television stations.
- In 1984, Up with People performed on the German television show Auf Los
- Up with People records a one hour tv special that aired on Venevision in Venezula in 1979.
- In 1990, Russian TV broadcast a one hour special about the cast tour of the Ukraine the year before called “Hello, Ukraine”</lo