We’re Going Places…Shouldn’t You?
Go Abroad on an Up with People Tour!
If you’re looking for a unique global education experience and you’re ready to see what the world has to offer (and what YOU have to offer the world), apply today! Our programs begin every January and July and we are currently accepting applications for our next four programs. You can choose to travel for one or two semesters.
General Application Requirements:
- Open-Minded: Willing and able to actively participate in all aspects of the program. Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow as a global citizen through travel, collaboration, team activities, and more
- Service-Oriented: Interested in impacting the world through volunteering.
- Adaptable: Able to create and participate in quality interactions with host families, fellow cast members, sponsors, community members, audiences, and more
- Performing Arts Interest: Desire to learn about and participate in our performing arts program, both technical and performance. All students will participate in the UWP stage show, although experience in performing arts is not a requirement and auditions are not required for admission
- Embrace Diversity: Eager to learn about different cultures, peoples, and communities. Able to embrace and respect those who are different from you
- Strong Work Ethic: Able to adapt to the daily needs of the Up with People organization. Willing to work hard and give 100% to learning and participating
- Physicality: In good physical and mental condition
Applying for Up with People (UWP) is an easy, two-step process:
- Online Application – The application gathers basic contact information and takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. There is a non-refundable $25 USD application fee required to process your application. Apply Now!
- Personal Interview – Once you have completed your online application, a member of the UWP Admissions Team will contact you to schedule your interview. The 25 – 45-minute interview will be conducted in person or over the phone/the Internet with the goal of learning more about your background, your character and your desire to travel abroad with Up with People. Schedule Your Interview Now once App Process is complete.
Once your application and interview are complete, the average time of acceptance notification is two weeks. You will be contacted by email (check your junk mailbox!) by your admissions counselor as soon as a decision is made. They may also reach out to you by phone, text message or WhatsApp after the initial acceptance email is sent to welcome you and walk you through next steps for confirming your place in an upcoming touring cast.
SINGLE SEMESTER PROGRAM: The Up with People program is rooted in an experiential model that teaches important global citizenship skills each and every day of the tour. Our formal curriculum, which is integrated into our community action, host family, and performing arts programs, is an unparalleled opportunity to grow and learn. Get a detailed description of our program, HERE.
INTERNSHIPS AND ASSISTANTSHIPS: Throughout your tour, cast members will have the chance to apply for valuable internships or assistantships in their field of interest. These roles give our participants the chance to dive deeper into an experiential learning opportunity and work in an official leadership role in the cast. Learn More.
WANT MORE? ADD A SECOND SEMESTER! Up with People offers every participant the chance to extend their global experience with a second-semester tour. The second-semester option gives you a chance to enrich your first semester learnings while being able to take advantage of new opportunities unique to the extended program. Read on!