Professional Development Committee
This committee shall be responsible for creating professional networking connections with alumni and developing the Alumni Marketplace (digital area on the website and at in-person events). Additional responsibilities include developing cross-cultural training programs and services that may be marketed externally, to keep the UWPIAA sustainable.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create opportunities for professional networking connections, career progression opportunities as well as ‘career days’ live and virtually within the alumni community.
- Develop and promote the Alumni Marketplace for both in-person events and online.
- Develop the alumTALK program—Find alumni in different occupations who are willing to share their expertise. Work together with the Programs Committee to conduct.
- Plan, create, and execute courses within the UWPIAA program matrix, such as e-courses, live events with courses, and other events or programs that support the professional involvement of the alumni community and other affiliates.
- Create networking activities at the global annual Alumni Week and the European Alumni Meeting.
- Research the ways an online platform and in-person events can be utilized for alumni to co-create and network to share professional ideas and input. Conduct a pilot program when feasible.
- Create a database of alumni by profession and industry.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Professional Development Chair is responsible for recruiting committee members and ensuring the above duties and responsibilities are planned and implemented to support the entire organization.
Desired Skills and Competencies for the Committee Chair
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent personal engagement skills across cultures and generations
- Able to manage a multicultural team and motivate a team which works remotely
- Self-motivated and positive
- Willing to work across teams and committees to accomplish tasks and meet goals
Beneficial Skills and Experience for the Committee Chair
- Strong verbal and communications skills
- Knowledge of Zoom or similar online meeting technologies
- Working knowledge of more than one language