This committee shall be responsible for communicating the Up with People International Alumni Association’s (UWPIAA) vision, mission, and all programs, events, and/or other activities. They will provide content, whenever possible, that is inclusive of all abilities (i.e. subtitles, visual descriptions). Messaging will be sent through the preferred main channels of the alumni to spark interest among alumni to be more informed and engaged with the association. Along with the President, this committee will also be responsible for the overall tone and voice of the messages from the Board of Governors to the alumni.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage Social Media Pages
- Consistently update UWPIAA Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, or any social media channel with relevant, accessible, shareable content appropriate for each particular medium.
- Increase alumni followers and overall community engagement.
- Ensure that all announcements and posts are uniform and on all communications channels at the same time.
- Manage Website Content
- Update site content on a consistent, regular basis (as needed).
- Maintain and update site design as necessary.
- Track website analytics, and increase engagement.
- Create and Distribute UpBeat e-Newsletter
- Compile news articles on a monthly basis.
- Write and edit content and layout e-Newsletter.
- Maintain an e-Newsletter mailing list and actively seek to increase our readership and engagement .
- Solicit editorials and material from the alumni community.
- Develop an Annual Communication Plan for UWPIAA that Covers Events, Programs, and All Initiatives.
- Develop print and electronic promotional materials and event materials.
- Determine tactical plans to promote UWPIAA events and initiatives.
- Implement and continue to update the UWPIAA Style Guide.
- Take/edit photos, record video, capture testimonials, live-tweet events.
- Archive all imagery and communication releases.
- Measure Analytics
- Track weekly and monthly statistics for website, e-Newsletter, and social media pages.
- Track metrics for community presentations and media appearances to measure impact and set goals to increase engagement and overall effectiveness.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Communication Chair is responsible for recruiting committee members and ensuring the above duties and responsibilities are planned and implemented to support the entire organization.
Desired Skills and Competencies for the Committee Chair
- Proactive communicator with excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong knowledge of current trends in digital and social media
- Able to manage a multicultural team and motivate a team which works remotely
- Flexible and creative, outside the box thinker
- Self-motivated and positive
- Willing to work across teams and committees to accomplish tasks and meet goals
Beneficial Skills and Experience for the Committee Chair
- Ability to recognize impactful imagery
- Strong proofreading and copyediting skills
- Basic knowledge of web design and imagery production
- Experience with social media management
- PR and/or media experience