Alumni Community Committee
This committee shall be responsible for building relationships and teams representing voices from all eras and regions, including maintaining contacts with UWP alumni groups, chapters, and cast/crew reps.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create a team that represents all eras and regions of the alumni body.
- Actively share information about programs and events with the alumni community, as well as volunteer and committee opportunities.
- Actively listen to alumni ideas and concerns; ensure that feedback reaches the Board.
- Conduct annual Rep Summits and Spin-off sessions throughout the year.
- Establish relationships with local, regional, and national alumni groups/chapters to ensure the latest information reaches them and listen to their concerns for feedback to the Board.
- Maintain a list of all cast/crew reps and chapter presidents or reps.
- Ensure that all communication is inclusive and easily understood by all alumni whose first language is not English.
- Gather stories from alumni for UpBeat.
- Help find lost castmates.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Alumni Community Chair is responsible for recruiting committee members and ensuring the above duties and responsibilities are planned and implemented to support the entire organization.
Desired Skills and Competencies for the Committee Chair
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent personal engagement skills across cultures and generations
- Able to manage a multicultural team and motivate a team which works remotely
- Self-motivated and positive
- Willing to work across teams and committees to accomplish tasks and meet goals
Beneficial Skills and Experience for the Committee Chair
- Era Rep, Regional Rep or Cast/Crew Rep experience a plus
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Zoom or similar online meeting technologies